Click the Resources Menu choice above for additional categories.
Technology and Education
- Edutopia.org - "improving the K-12 learning process by documenting, disseminating, and advocating innovative, replicable, and evidence-based strategies that prepare students to thrive in their future education, careers, and adult lives."
- Buck Institute For Education - Project Based Learning (PBL) explained and resources to support teachers in implementing PBL in the classroom.
- TeachThought: A collection of resources on Common Core, mobile technology, iPads, and assistive technology.
Acceptable Use Policies
- Changing viewpoints on writing AUP's (respect for students): http://www.edudemic.com/2012/06/school-social-media-policy/
- Legal requirements for keeping students safe: http://www.cosn.org/Default.aspx?tabid=8139
- www.ninite.com - A great site for downloading software. This site is unique because it allows you to download multiple programs simultaneously and then its custom installer puts the programs on your computer.
- EzVid: Download a free screen recorder for Windows 8. Very powerful. Captures any part of the screen, audio, and video. Use for creating lessons and performing demos.
- TechSmith: Screen capture/recording software (Jing / Camtasia)